Location intelligence measures travel behavior accurately and comprehensively, identifying why last-mile delivery is often the least profitable in the supply chain, traffic dynamics and transportation congestion.
Intelligent route optimization using geospatial data plays a crucial role in determining which vehicles to choose over possible routes and junction points to optimize the flow along the chain in terms of cost and time. This tool optimizes many hundreds of thousands of master route stops in a single optimization. Second by second, it optimizes highly dynamic routes in real time.
The world’s cities are home to a growing array of mobility players such as:
- Personal vehicles
- Public transport fleets
- Commercial fleets and last mile delivery providers.
- Micromobility players (e-scooters, bike-sharing, etc.)
- Mobility-as-a-service providers
Top solutions provided by the use of location intelligence in route planning:
- Reduces costs and ensures a higher level of customer service.
- Ensures more deliveries or visits per trip.
- Reduces the number of missed visits or deliveries as well as CO2 emissions.
- Reduces mileage and driving time.
- Identifies the number of vehicles on any street or highway.
- Generates an overview of locations in your sales and service territory planning, saving millions in terms of lost productivity and operational inefficiencies.
- Optimizes field trips to ensure more visits per trip.
- Encourages and expands high-potential accounts and identifies gaps.
- Enables reps to optimize their turnaround times.
Align approaches with your organization’s business needs to run efficient and profitable operations.
- Locate inefficient parking arrangements that cause bottlenecks.
- Design better routes for passing commercial trucks and urban deliveries.
- Improve traffic light synchronization.
- Optimizes micro-mobility and creates mobility solutions.
- Optimizes commuting.
- Develops more accurate traveler systems and trip planning applications.
- Design policies that encourage the use of public transport.
- Improve city planning and expand road infrastructure to accommodate known travel patterns.
Bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure development
- Locate the most optimal locations for new bike lanes by identifying common travel patterns.
At PREDIK Data-Driven we help route planning through location intelligence and foot traffic analysis techniques, which let businesses to optimize logistical and operational costs for any type of sector.