Analytics through big data management techniques allows governments to understand the needs of their citizens, combat fraud, minimize system errors and improve operations, reducing costs and improving the services of any government entity.
Foot traffic analytics through geospatial data and Big Data enables governments and public sector organizations to deliver more efficient and secure services, as well as respond more quickly and accurately to the needs of customers and citizens.
Governments have access to diverse sources of data and can use it in a variety of ways, such as improving law and order, defense services, social services, environmental programs, and developing more citizen welfare programs.
Read also: “Big Data for Fraud Prevention“
Main benefits of implementing this tool within the government sector:
- Cities and regional governments: Helps manage costs, optimize services, manage infrastructure intelligently and create performance management frameworks that show value to all stakeholders.
2. Tax and welfare: Combining these tools with predictive analytics, governments can detect fraud and maximize revenue collection through optimized and cost-effective customer contact programs.
3. Security: Respond to security threats, both internal and external, by visually monitoring a country’s events, thwarting criminal activity through mobile patterns, as well as protecting the nation against external threats, both digital and physical.
4. Defense: Provides meaning to complex logistical information tracking and data security.
5. Education: Helps optimize educational programs and courses to get the most value from available resources.
6. Health: Through historical data, along with current mobility patterns, governments can understand a disease outbreak and take measures to control it, while being able to initiate targeted wellness programs for specific cohorts in the country, targeting preventive healthcare programs.
7. Reduce financial fraud: Through sophisticated algorithms, dubious transactions are immediately tracked, providing insights into citizens’ behavior and mitigating financial fraud.
8. Improved welfare initiatives: Through sentiment analysis, it is possible to track national sentiments and develop new services and initiatives according to citizens’ needs.
PREDIK Data-Driven has extensive experience working with leading public sector organizations globally, helping to fill technology gaps, offering robust Big Data solutions for any government’s needs.